Field Medical + Emergency Response Course (Three Full Days)
About The Course
The X Platoon Field Medical + Emergency Response Course has been designed to specifically target the skills and knowledge required to deal with casualties and injuries that we could face in our everyday life. We aim to deliver realistic, relevant and appropriate training that can be utilised for all eventualities whether in the home, at work or in an outdoors environment, where you may not be able to just call for ambulance and wait for its arrival. It is essential that we all know how to identify and treat injuries and then prevent the casualties condition from deteriorating.
Our survival training courses touch upon medical scenarios but with already full days and nights we cannot delve into the depth of knowledge and practical training we feel is necessary to deliver a rewarding and meaningful course.
The aim of the X Platoon Field Medical + Emergency Response Course is to highlight the differences, problems and considerations associated with treating casualties in an outdoor environment where help and medical services may not be able to reach you for some considerable time.
This course runs over 3 Full Days and consists of both theoretical and practical training and medical exercises both by day and by night.
On successful completion of our course all attendees will be awarded the First Aid at Work (F.A.W) qualification.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Understanding Your Role, Responsibilities, Reporting and Law
- Introducing Anatomy and Physiology Concentrating on Airway Structures, Respiratory System, Circulatory System and Central Nervous System
- Primary Survey using the DR<C>ABCDE Approach
- Spinal Injuries and C-Spine Control/Immobilisation
- CPR and Defibrillator, Recovery Position and Log Roll
- Secondary Survey
- Common Causes of Unconsciousness
- Environmental Injuries (Heat/Cold)
- Extremity Injuries (Fractures and Breaks)
- Practical Scenarios Including Mock Traffic Accidents/Falls/Cutting and Chopping Injuries
- End of Course Written Exam
Unique to X Platoon, you will also receive training in the following areas:
- Scene Management
- Triage/Mass Casualty Scenario
- Effective Use of 999 call - ATMIST/METHANE Reports and Updating
- Bites and Stings
- Flora/Fauna - Uses and Hazards